Assalamualaikum & Hi
For this section, i will share you a revision question in chapter 5.
- Explain time-related system and piece-work wage system.
- Time -related system – wages are paid for a set period of work on an hourly, weekly or monthly basis. A time-related system of payment is particularly suitable where there is no direct relationship between productivity and an individual’s performance.
- Piece-work wage system – workers are paid according to number of units produced in a given time. A straight piece-rate system pays a certain amount for each item produced. The commission system is an example of payment by results.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of working overtime?
- more flexible workforce
- increase earning for employees
- ability to deal bottlenecks, busy periods, cover of absences and staff shortage without need to recruit new employees
- Increase cost – overtime rates of pay are higher than the normal rates
- Effect on employee’s morale
- Lowered productivity – the lengthy working hours lead to increase fatigue, which results more mistakes, more accidents, slower speed of work.
- Effect on employee’s health – recent studies suggest that working regular overtime hours may cause various health problems, including depression.
- What are the problems caused by working shift work?
- Women and night work –
- Increase in costs –
- Worker’s health and shift work –
- Stress and phsyicological problems –
- Human Resource Management Principles and Practices, third edition
The answers might different and varies.. you can refer to your lecturers. Thanks! =)