Assalamualaikum & Hi
For this section, i will share you a revision question in chapter 6.
- Why do employers offer benefits to employee?
- Help attract staff to join the organisation
- Help retain existing employees
- Increase the morale of employees which will lead to higher productivity
- Briefly explain the statutory benefits that must be provided to employees (statutory benefits).
- Maternity protection (paid leave) – the law provides that every female employee is entitled to maternity leave for a period not less than 60 days for every confinement. During the maternity leave, maternity allowance is payable to the employee providing she has no more than 5 surviving children and she served to employer for a least 90 days before giving birth.
- Time – off payments
- A weekly rest day – section59 of the Employment Act stipulates that all employees are entitled to one rest day per week.
- Public holidays – section 60 entitled all workers covered by the Employment Act to a minimum 11 paid gazetted public holidays per year. 5 of the holidays specific by Act and must include; National Day, The Yang Di-Pertuan Agong Birthday, The State Ruler’s Birthday, Labour Day and Malaysia Day. The other 6 holidays choosen by employer.
- Annual leave – An employee earns the right to apply annual leave after he/she has completed one year of service with organization. The Employement Act provides that paid annual leave shall as follows;
- For service of less than two years – 8 days leave per year
- For 2-5 years service – 12 days leave per year
- For more than 5 years – 16 days leave per year
- Sick leave – employees are entitled to paid sick leave, where no hospitalization is necessary, for 14 days per year if the worker has less than 2 years service, 18 days if his service between 2-5 years, and 22 days for those who have more than 5 years service. When employee needs to be hospitalized, he can take up to 60 days sick leave per year.
- Human Resource Management Principles and Practices, third edition
The answers might different and varies.. you can refer to your lecturers. Thanks! =)