Assalamualaikum & Hi !
Today I want to share my Cyber Law notes. Recently I found this notes in my old laptop. This notes is just for my reference because I always lost my notes. Therefore, it easy for me to search back my notes if I post here. So, I wonder if you guys also need this notes especially Unikl miit students, I think laaa.. Just to highlight that my notes are not 100% correct, and you guys need to refer your lecturer ok!
- Defamation in a permanent form and usually visible to the eye, such as email, pictures, statues or effigies.
permanent and visible form.
- written statement which is not true.
- Sec. 3: broadcasting of words by means of radio communication shall be treated as publication in a permanent form and constitutes libel.
- Actionable per se (P need not to prove any damage).
- The law presumes that when a person’s reputation is assailed, some damage must result.
- spoken words.
- spoken words which is not true.
- Defamation in a temporary or transient form. Usually made through spoken words or gestures.
- Not actionable per se and the P needs to prove actual/special damage in order to succeed in his action.
- Actual/special damage refers to actual financial loss or any loss that may be measured in monetary terms.
- Loss of friendship or excommunication (x actual damage).
- Loss of business or employment (actual damage).
- The Plaintiff must prove the actual words used.
This is my notes and not complete, might be incorrect or correct . You may refer to your lectures . Thank you for reading.. Hope this note help you to make quick review for your subject..